ONE OF OUR MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIPS IS WITH OUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
We enter into these relationships with so much hope, but disappointed as conflicts seem to get out of control more often than we would wish. For some, trust has been broken and repair can sometimes seem so hard.
The struggles are real, but therapy can be your first step towards healing a fractured relationship. You can restore hope in your relationship, heal from the past, and build towards a better future together!
I believe in the potential for marriages to be a place of safety and restoration in an uncertain and complex world. I am committed to helping couples meet that potential – and experience true fulfillment in their relationship.
Once you decide to start therapy, I will work with you to:
- Gain understanding of each partner’s perspective in order to begin building trust and safety for each partner
- Gain further understanding on how your conflict escalates, and provide you with effective strategies to de-escalate conflict and encourage more fruitful discussions
- More effectively work with each partner’s emotions and needs in the relationship
- Work towards increasing closeness and satisfaction for each partner
I have worked with individuals, couples and families for over 10 years. I have been trained in Emotion-Focused Therapy – one of the few empirically validated approaches to couples therapy. Emotions are a key focus because they provide a window to the deep needs that drives each person’s actions in their relationships. Being able to address those needs in a healthy way is key to not only resolving long-standing conflict, but also build greater intimacy for couples.
For more information about how I work, please click here.
COMMON ISSUES THAT COUPLES THERAPY CAN HELP WITH:
- Couples Conflict
- Infidelity / Affairs
- Overcoming Emotional Distance
- Dealing with in-laws and other complex relationships
- Financial issues
Effective couples therapy is not just about quick fixes, tips & tools… it is about addressing the root of your issues, clearing the path to access effective solutions to your problems and making your relationship a great source of strength and support. When you are ready to take the next step, feel free to contact me to make an appointment.