IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT MARKS HUMAN EXISTENCE, IT IS THE PRESENCE OF STRUGGLE AND HARDSHIP
By themselves, they are already difficult, but the experience of isolation in the midst of it makes it even harder. Facing struggle and hardships alone is so difficult.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
The cycle of isolation can be broken, and therapy can help. For many, therapy has been used as time away from chaotic lives to sort out what they feel and need, and to find ways to act in support of them.
Individual psychotherapy can be used to:
- Break some of the hurtful patterns that they find themselves in and forge a healthier path
- Heal from current and past emotional injuries that inhibit them from responding well to the situations they face
- Improve the ways that they respond to difficulties and their relationships important people in their lives
- Safely process thoughts and feelings in the complexities of what they face
- Live harmoniously with their emotions (instead of fighting or avoiding them)
As a therapist, helping people live in harmony with their emotions is a focal point in my work. Part of that journey often involves healing of emotional injuries that disrupt them in the present. The process of therapy is about transformative healing, which brings about true and lasting change.
The approach that I use with my clients is built on Emotion-Focused Therapy, an empirically validated approach to psychotherapy. I also integrate other ideas around family systems theory, attachment theory and narrative therapy. For more information about this, please click here.
ISSUES THAT PEOPLE SEEK PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR:
- Relationship issues
- Sexual struggles
- Money issues
I encourage you to take the next step towards healing and growth. When you are ready, feel free to contact me by email.